Monday, June 27, 2011

Sinful Colors Nail Polish Review

I love when my nails are painted.  I love all the colors and the endless possibillities of ways you can paint them.  Whenever I am at the store, I almost always look at the nail polishes to see if there are any new colors I like.

Recently, I have been hearing about a brand of nail polishes called Sinful Colors.  I heard there are tons of great colors, and they are only $1.99 each. So, of course I wanted to try them.


When I got to the store, I knew I had heard right.  There were TONS of different colors (way more than pictured above).  And the thing I loved most about it was there were lots of bright, bold colors that I really haven't seen too often.  I had a hard time picking which one I wanted to buy but finally I settled on Neon Melon. 



It's like a yellow/green neon color...think of a school crossing road sign and you will have the color.

I wanted something really different from anything I have tried and something really fun.

While I was there, I noticed that there were some Sinful Colors Nail Polish bottles for doing nail art.  They were long skinny bottles with long, skinny brushes.  I think this is awesome because I love decorating my nails.  I usually end up pouring some of the color on a paper plate and using the back of a paint brush, so these would probably make things much easier and less messy for me.  There are only limited colors for these though.



There are however, a few things I didn't like about this nailpolish.  When I was painting my nails, I had to do about FIVE coats before I called it "good enough".  It still could have used another coat.  It also dried very matte.  I definitely wasn't used to this and I'm sure I don't like it.  I guess I'm just a shiny nail polish kind of girl.

Also, it chipped within 1 day.  And I mean chipped pretty bad.  By the end of the first day, only about half of some of my nails were covered anymore.

I'm not sure if all the nail polishes are like this...I have only tried the neon melon but if they are, I'm definitely not a fan.

The nail polish did dry VERY fast though.  I painted my thumb first and by the time I painted all the other fingers on my one hand, the nail polish on my thumb was dry.  Thumbs up for that.  As I added more coats though, it took slightly longer for each coat to dry.

For $1.99, you can't beat the price but if you are looking for something that is long lasting, I would just buy the more expensive brands.  If you are looking for something just for a night out or a special party, I would say this is great.

Sinful Colors are sold at Walgreens.

Give it a try...you might like it!

I purchased this product.  All opinions are always my own.  This review is specifically on Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Neon Melon not on any other Sinful Colors product.  Have an Amazing, Awesome Day!!!

No comments: