Monday, June 20, 2011

Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer Review

Being born with naturally pale skin that burns easily in the sun, I definitely envy people with tan skin.  Envy however, is overshadowed by fear of getting skin cancer from tanning beds and laying out in the sun.

The solution for my dilemma?  Bottled tanning sprays and foams, right?

Maybe...If the result is a nice, natural looking tan.  Now, if I come out looking like an Oompa Loompa or Lindsay Lohan, then I will definitely pass on that.  Orange isn't a good look for anybody...

Fortunately for everyone, tanning products have been getting better and better.  I recently tried Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer and I was pretty pleased with the results.



It comes in two varieties: "Fair to Medium" and "Medium to Tan".  I tried the Fair to Medium because like I said, Me = Pale.  This product is a foam which glides on very easily, absorbs quickly and dries very fast.  You apply it daily and it gradually creates a natural-looking tan.  I loved this stuff.  After just one application, I noticed a subtle difference and everyday that it is applied you get a little darker, reaching the full color in about one week. After you have reached the peak color, you keep applying it everyday to keep the color.

The smell isn't bad and I wasn't left feeling all sticky afterwards like I have with similar products.  And of course, with any tanning product, you have to make sure you exfoliate your skin well before you apply, especially on your knees, elbows, ankles, etc. as the tanning product will become more pigmented here if you don't.

This is for your body only. The product they have for your face is Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 20 (I will be doing a review on that soon).

My only complaint is that the bottle is kind of small and it retails for about $8.99.  If you are using it everyday, you are obviously going to go through it fast so it could get expensive. Probably less expensive than going to the tanning bed though and you don't have to worry about any health problems.

I would definitely recommend this product.

I purchased this product.  All opinions are always my own.  This review is specifically on Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer not any other Jergens Product.  Have an Amazing, Awesome Day!!!

No comments: