Friday, August 19, 2011

Toy Story 3 Operation Game Review

Growing up as a kid, when I would go over my grandma's house, my cousins and I would play the game Operation. 



Operation was first invented in 1965 by a man named John Spinello.  It consists of an "operating table", lithographed with a likeness of a patient, nicknamed "Cavity Sam" who had a large red light-bulb for his nose. In the surface are a number of openings, which reveal humorously-named ailments made of plastic. The object of the game was to remove these ailments without touching the metal sides of the hole causing the light to go off and BEEP!  Fast forward 46 years and this game is still in production.  But along with the original, there are all kinds of different versions of the game including Spiderman, Spongebob Square Pants, Simpsons, Iron Man and what we have...Toy Story 3.



It's the same game except you are "operating" on Buzz Lightyear and the things you are removing are things like a "Fried Fuse", "Battered Blaster", "Crushed Communicator", and a "Gouged Gauge" among others.  Also different from the original is that instead of a big, bright red light that makes a rather annoying sound when you touch the sides, there is a green light that makes robotish noises...I prefer this one over the original.

When I played this with my son, he enjoyed it.  Although pretty much every time he touched the metal edges, he kept trying to do better.  He is only 4 so the older he gets and the more he plays, the more he should improve.

I always find any version of this game enjoyable.  I think it's funny when people are concentrating so hard trying to get that piece out and then the lights and sounds go off causing them to jump.  Hilarious!  I do it too and sometimes it's fun to just laugh at yourself (and others...)

This game requires 4 AAA Batteries and is for ages 6+. However, like I said, my son is 4 and he loved this game.  Definitely a great game to play with the kids and a great way to improve your fine motor skills.

I purchased this product.  All opinions are always my own.  Have an Amazing, Awesome Day!!!

No comments: